Schedule for the 2013 Festival is still being finalized. Please check back with us for updates. It will be similar to the 2012 schedule listed below.
Friday, August 10, 2012
- 6pm: VIP cocktail hour with Guest Chef meet and greet, appetizers by Louisa Chu, Drinks by the Channel Club, and entertainment. Tickets available at Old Harbor Books for $35.
- 7pm: Five Course Banquet Dinner by Executive Guest Chef Seth Caswell from Seattle, Chef Robert Kinneen from Anchorage, Chef Louisa Chu from Chicago, and many of our favorite local chefs. Tickets available at Old Harbor Books for $65.
Saturday, August 11, 2012:
- 9am: Sitka Salmon Tour.
- 11am: Parade. Participants meet at Totem Square.
- 12 to 2pm: Signature Sitka Dish inside Centennial Auditorium.
- 11:30am to 4pm: Centennial Building and Cresent Harbor Shelter:Marketplace begins with food, entertainment, arts and crafts and educational booths including:
~Various local Dance group performances
~Fish Head Toss
~Cooking demo by Louisa Chu
~Cake Contest Cutting
~Fish Head Bobbing
~Kids Fish Jigging contests
~Outdoor Sound Stage under the shelter with music and entertainment.
- 3 to 4pm: Keynote Lecture: David Montgomery, author of "King of Fish: The Thousand Year Run of Salmon", Centennial Auditorium.
- 4pm: Parade processional from Centennial Hall to SJ lawn lead by Juneau Pipe Band.
Saturday, August 11th, 2012 Evening Entertainment at SJ Campus Lawn 4pm to 10pm:
- Sitka's 1st Highland/Island Games (Athletes please arrive to SJ by 2pm) Anyone Interested in participating contact Jim @ 757-535-3962.
- Sound stage with Sitka's Favorite bands, as well as the Juneau Pipe Band and Dance Group.
- Beer Tent showcasing Sitka's own Baranof Island Brewery.
Sunday, August 12, 2012
- 11am: Processor Tour ( 3 hours, 10 people) Tour of Seafood Producers Cooperative, light lunch at local restaurant included. 2.5 hours, $35. Tickets at Old Harbor Books. Meet at SPC on Katlian.
- 2:30pm: Eating Alaska Film at the Coliseum Theater ($5 suggested donation entry)
- 5 to 6pm: Poet Sea poetry contest at Kettelson Library.
Final schedule with all times will be posted the week of the festival. All times subject to change.